Effective Date: January 1, 2020
This Privacy Notice for California Residents (“Notice”) describes the privacy practices of Stryker and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Stryker,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) in connection with the information we collect about California residents and households (“you” or “Consumers”). This Notice applies to all the personal information that Stryker collects when Consumers interact with us, such as when visiting our websites, using or purchasing our products or services, contacting customer service and when interacting with us as a business customer, supplier or business partner (collectively, the “Services”). This Notice supplements our general Privacy Statement and further describes our privacy practices as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). This Notice does not apply to California residents travelling outside of California.
Collection and Use of Information
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with Consumers ("personal information"). Specifically, Stryker may collect the following categories of personal information from you:
- Identifiers, such as name, address, email, telephone number, fax number, social security number, passport number;
- Demographics, such gender, income level, or age;
- Online activity information, such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or browsing history;
- Location information that you provide or that we collect via your device, subject to your settings;
- Inferences regarding preferences or other characteristics;
- Transaction information, such as password and purchase histories;
- Payment information, such as payment card numbers;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as pictures, video and audio recordings where you have provided your permission;
- Biometric information;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as employer, job title, work history, professional qualifications, publications, awards, and references;
- Education information;
- Sensitive personal information, such as health information or reports of an individual end-customer (e.g., concerning product claims and investigations, patient pre- and post-operative outcomes for research & statistical purposes, or criminal records for due diligence procedures in accordance with applicable law).
We may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- From You: We collect information that you submit to us. For example, when you use the Services, register to receive information, products or services available through the Services or interact with us in other ways, we will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of the Services. We also collect any information that you voluntarily enter into any postings, comments, or forums within the Services. If you send an e-mail to us, we will collect your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files and other information you choose to provide to us.
- Location Information: We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information, such as the city, state, and/or zip code associated with your IP Address, and, if you agree, more specific location information that is provided through the GPS functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services. We may use such location information to customize the Services, including advertising that is presented to you. In order to do this, your location information may be passed along to our affiliates, agents, vendors or advertisers.
Stryker may process the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To deliver products and services;
- To activate or register certain products and services or enhance functionality;
- To send information about Stryker products and services;
- To allow you to participate in Stryker online communities, including our social media channels/pages;
- To store your preferences for future interactions and communications from Stryker;
- To help us develop products and services and create campaigns that are designed around you, optimize customer services and continuously improve our websites;
- To improve our products and services;
- To resolve consumer and/or product and services issues;
- To register visitors of Stryker facilities or Stryker organized events and conferences;
- To fulfill the requirements of our contract or agreements;
- To send you personalized messages, special offers and advertisements that are relevant to your personal interests; and
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- With your consent. We may share or disclose your information if you ask or authorize us to do so.
- Among group companies. We may share your information with our affiliated and subsidiary companies and other partners or collaborators for the purposes of processing, analyzing, or storing your information or otherwise as needed to provide the Services to you or achieve other purposes for which we collect information, in each case, consistent with the terms of this Notice.
- With service providers. We engage service providers to perform a variety of services and functions for us, such as data storage, order fulfillment, customer service, call-center support, transmitting emails, and managing digital content. We may share your information with such service providers on the condition that the service providers use your information only on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions.
- To comply with legal requirements and to protect you, us and others. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Notice, we reserve the right to retain and disclose your information at our discretion if we believe in good faith that such retention and disclosure is necessary to: (i) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas, warrants, or similar process served on us; (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, you, or third parties; or (iii) ensure the safety and security of our Services, systems and of our customers and third parties.
- In connection with a business transfer: In the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, bankruptcy, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and are permitted by this Notice and that the new entity may continue to process your information as set forth in this Notice.
- If the information has been aggregated, de-identified or otherwise does not identify you personally: We may share or disclose information that has been aggregated, de-identified or otherwise does not identify you or information that you choose to make public. This Notice does not limit our use or disclosure of de-identified information (i.e., information from which your name and any other personally identifying information has been removed) in any way, and we reserve the right to use and disclose such information to our partners, advertisers, and any other third parties at our discretion.
We may disclose the following categories of personal information for our business purposes:
- Online activity information;
- Location information;
- Inferences regarding preferences or other characteristics;
- Transaction information;
- Payment information;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Biometric information;
- Professional information;
- Education information; and
- Sensitive personal information.
Stryker does not and will not sell your personal information (including the personal information of minors under the age of 16).
Your Rights and Choices
California law grants its residents certain rights regarding the collection and use of their personal information. Subject to certain limitations, Consumers have the following rights:
- Right to know. You have the right to know and request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you within the last 12 months, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information. You also have the right to know if we have sold or disclosed your personal information.
- Right to delete. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to non-discrimination. You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above-listed rights. We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate reasonably relating to the value of your personal information.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your rights, please submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 862-229-0023. Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to honor your request, and there may be circumstances where we will not be able to honor your request. For example, if you request deletion, we may need to retain certain personal information to comply with our legal obligations or other permitted purposes.
California residents may also request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their “personal information” (as defined under the California Online Privacy Protection Act), if any, for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of “personal information” disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to email@example.com.
Updates to this Notice
Stryker reserves the right to amend this Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will post the updated notice on this website and update the Notice's effective date. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
The Statement was last updated on [01-14-2020]