Consumer solutions and self-service tools
In order to help you make informed decisions about your health care, UnitedHealthcare has a program called Decision Support. This program targets specific conditions as well as the treatments and procedures for those conditions.
This program offers:
- Access to accurate, objective and relevant health care information;
- Coaching by a nurse through decisions in your treatment and care;
- Expectations of treatment; and
- Information on high quality providers and programs.
Conditions for which this program is available include:
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Breast Cancer
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Overweight and Obesity
- Prostate Cancer
- Shoulder Pain
- Stable Angina
- Allergies (seasonal, pet, mold)
- Cardiac Imaging
- Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease
- Migraine Headache
- Sleep Apnea
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Uterine Fibroids
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Osteoporosis Screening
- Prostate Cancer Screening
Participation is completely voluntary and without extra charge. If you think you may be eligible to participate or would like additional information regarding the program, please contact the number on your ID card.
UnitedHealthcare's member website, www.myuhc.com, provides information at your fingertips anywhere and anytime you have access to the Internet. www.myuhc.com opens the door to a wealth of health information and convenient self-service tools to meet your needs.
With www.myuhc.com you can:
- Receive personalized messages that are posted to your own website;
- Research a health condition and treatment options to get ready for a discussion with your physician;
- Search for in-network providers available in your plan through the online provider directory;
- Use the treatment cost estimator to obtain an estimate of the costs of various procedures in your area; and
- Use the hospital comparison tool to compare hospitals in your area on various patient safety and quality measures.
If you have not already registered on the UHC member website, simply go to www.myuhc.com and click on "Register Now." Have your ID card handy. The enrollment process is quick and easy.
Visit www.myuhc.com and: