Lab, X-ray and diagnostic - outpatient
Services for sickness and injury-related diagnostic purposes, received on an outpatient basis at a hospital or alternate facility or in a physician's office include:
- The facility charge and the charge for supplies and equipment.
- Physician services for radiologists, anesthesiologists and pathologists
- Presumptive drug tests and definitive drug tests.
- Any combination of in-network benefits and out-of-network benefits is limited to 18 presumptive drug tests per calendar year.
- Any combination of in-network benefits and out-of-network benefits is limited to 18 definitive drug tests per calendar year.
Genetic testing is covered when it is ordered by a physician, authorized in advance by UnitedHealthcare, follows genetic counseling and results in available medical treatment options.
Benefits for other physician services, such as physician fees for surgical and medical services. Lab, X-ray and diagnostic services for preventive care are covered as described in the appropriate sections of this SPD. CT scans, PET scans, MRI, MRA, nuclear medicine and major diagnostic services are also covered as described as outpatient services in this SPD.