Our basinless incontinence care cloths help treat and prevent incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD).¹ ²
This product is only available for sale to healthcare professionals
Incontinent patients are at an increased risk for developing incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD). 3,4 Sage Barrier Cream Cloths with dimethicone can help you provide consistent patient care by applying an effective barrier. 1 Each cloth delivers all-in-one skin cleansing, moisturizing, treatment and barrier protection with the dimethicone formula helping to treat and prevent IAD while sealing out wetness. 1,2
Disposable cloths replace basins and washcloths, which may contain harmful bacteria that can cause infection. 5
Breathable, transparent dimethicone barrier makes skin assessment easy.
Allows the use of other products such as antifungal creams without removing dimethicone barrier.
Hypoallergenic, gentle and non-irritating.
1. Tavares A, Ramos A, Mendes F, Lopes M, Parreira P, da Fonseca C. Prevention and Treatment of Incontinence-Associated Dermatitis (IAD): Contributes of Nursing Intervention. Journal of Perioperative & Critical Intensive Care Nursing. 2017;03(01). doi:10.4172/2471-9870.1000e114
2. Beeckman D, Verhaeghe S, Defloor T, Schoonhoven L, Vanderwee K. A 3-in-1 perineal care washcloth impregnated with dimethicone 3% versus water and pH neutral soap to prevent and treat incontinence-associated dermatitis: a randomized, controlled clinical trial. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs. 2011; 38(6):627-34. doi:10.1097/WON.0b013e31822efe52.
3. Kayser S, Phipps LA, VanGilder C, Lachenbruch C. Examining Prevalence and Risk Factors of Incontinence-Associated Dermatitis Using the International Pressure Ulcer Prevalence Survey. Journal of Wound, Ostomer and Continence Nursing. 2019; 46(4):285-290. doi:10.1097/WON.0000000000000548.
4. Barakat-Johnson M, Basjarahil S, Campbell J, Cunich M, Disher G, Geering S, Ko N, Lai M, Leahy C, Leong T, McClure E, O'Grady M, Walsh J, White K, Coyer F. Implementing best available evidence into practice for incontinence-associated dermatitis in Australia: A multisite multimethod study protocol. Journal of Tissue Viability. 2021; 30: 67-77. doi:10.1016/j.jtv.2020.10.002
5. Martin E, Haider S, Palleschi M, Eagle S, Crisostomo D, Haddox P, Harmon L, Mazur R, Moshos J, Marchaim D, Kaye K. Bathing Hospitalized Dependent Patients with Pre-packaged Disposable Washcloths Instead of Traditional Bath Basins: A Case-Crossover Study. Am J Infect Control. 2017; 45(9):990-994. doi:10.1016/j.ajic.2017.03.023.