We know that best practices for surgical tourniquets require precise balance between providing a bloodless field and protecting patient wellbeing, including delicate tissues. That’s why Stryker designed the high performance SmartPump Tourniquet System to be reliable and intuitive, complete with multiple built-in safety checks.
EvenAIRe Technology Stiffeners in the corresponding Color Cuff Tourniquet helps achieve occlusion at the lowest effective pressure setting, potentially reducing complications associated with higher pressure levels1-4
Limb occlusion pressure (LOP) is determined by you, not based on time-delayed pre-op readings
Three-second self calibration upon start up automatically detects any issues with the pump, cuff or inflow/outflow line
Provides comprehensive documentation of periop data
Three step IVRA lock protection (for IVRA/Bier block, elbow or similar scenarios). When one line is deflated, the second bladder will not deflate unless acted on by you
1. Visual and audible user prompts and alerts
2. Internal fail-safe mechanism prevents deflation upon power loss; user must manually disconnect fill line to deflate cuff
3. Independent control of each cuff's pressure and inflation time settings
4. 3-Step IVRA lock protection (for IVRA/Bier block, elbow or similar scenarios).
When one line is deflated, the second bladder will not deflate unless acted on by user.
5. Secure tubing connections, with snap or twist connect mechanisms
6. Five-hour battery backup in case of power loss or intentinal mobile use
Real time peri-op monitoring and regulation of fill line inflow/outflow, with alerts for any variances
Suppoets single cuff, IVRA/Bier block and bilateral procedures or simultaneous surgery on both upper and lower extremities
Even pressure distribution
Unlike other cuffs, our stiffener is RF-welded in place which delivers more consistent pressure distribution across the cuff’s entire surface, where as variations in high (red) and low (green) pressure leak paths can be seen with the competing cuff (as seen in Fig. A).1
Enables use of lower pressure settings; e.g., reaching a compression of 190 lbs ata pump pressure 45 mm-Hg lower than the competing cuff (as seen in Fig. B).1
Not all cuffs
are created equal
1. Flexible edge
Helps achieve consistent pressure with improved comfort
2. Rigid stiffener
RF-welded in place, directs pressure inward towards limb
3. Multiple color-coded sizes
Helps ensure occlusion and personalized fit
4. Secure connection
Snap or twist mechanisms prevent detachment
No sterilization or cleaning required; simply discard after use
1. Stryker Instruments, Kalamazoo, MI. “Compression Performance of the Stryker Color Cuff Tourniquet: A Comparative Study.” (Feb. 2014).
2. Clarke M.T., et al. “Tourniquet-induced wound hypoxia after total knee replacement.” Journal Bone Joint Surg Br. 83:1 (2001): 40-4.
3. Noordin S., et al. “Surgical Tourniquets in Orthopedics.” Journal Bone Joint Surg Am. 91:12 (2009): 2958-67
4. Olivecrona, Charlotta, et al. “Lower Tourniquet Cuff Pressure Reduces Postoperative Wound Complications after Total Knee Arthroplasty: A randomized controlled study of 164 patients.” Journal Bone Joint Surg Am. 94:22 (2012): 16-21.
9100-004-754 Rev. None