Expenses not covered
The Adoption Assistance Plan does not provide reimbursement for the following:
- Expenses related to a surrogate parenting arrangement;
- Expenses incurred in violation of a federal or state law;
- Expenses that have been reimbursed through another plan or any state, local or federal program;
- Expenses incurred in connection with travel;
- Expenses incurred in connection with the adoption of your spouse's child;
- Expenses incurred and/or filed for reimbursement before you were eligible for adoption assistance benefits;
- Expenses incurred and/or filed for reimbursement after your employment terminates; or
- Expenses that you claim as a credit or deduction on your federal income tax.
Claim forms for adoption assistance benefits are available from your Benefits representative.