HydroSet Bone Void Substitute
HydroSet represents the next generation in bone substitute technology intended for a wide variety of clinical applications in multiple surgical specialties. It is a self-setting, injectable, calcium-phosphate bone substitute that converts to Hydroxyapatite. It is indicated to fill bone voids or gaps of the skeletal system (e.g., extremities, craniofacial, spine and pelvis). These may be surgically created or osseous defects from traumatic injury to the bone.
HydroSet is indicated only for bone voids or gaps that are not intrinsic to the stability of the bone structure. HydroSet cured in situ provides an open void/gap filler that can augment provisional hardware (e.g., K-Wires, plates, screws) to help support bone fragments during the surgical procedure. The cured cement acts only as a temporary support media and is not intended to provide structural support during the healing process.
Features & Benefits
- Injectable or manual implantation.
- Fast setting (8.5 minutes).
- Excellent wet-field characteristics.
- Augmentation of provisional hardware.
- Radiopaque allows convenient visualization of healing during follow-up.
- HydroSet is conveniently available in 3.0cc or 5.0cc for use in the upper extremity.