Hoffmann II MRI External Fixation System
The Hoffmann II MRI External Fixation System is a modular external fixator offering advanced technology and easier application while maintaining the values of the original Hoffmann II External Fixation System. It is designed to be used for temporary fixation or definitive care of fractures, including the Humerus.
The Hoffmann II MRI maintains all of the features of the original Hoffmann II, with the additional benefit of being MRI compatible. This means that an MRI may be conducted with the fixator in place at no additional risk for the patient or the MRI scanner itself. The new Hoffmann design focuses on two key areas of concern in MRI use: frame displacement due to magnetic (mechanical) forces, and frame heating due to induced electrical currents (thermal forces).
Features & Benefits
- Independent, multiplanar pin placement is designed to allow flexibility in pin placement and stability in frame configuration.
- A patented, spring-loaded, “Snap-Fit” mechanism for improved handling and eliminating the need to pre-assemble components. It is designed to allow rapid frame configuration, with ability to add clamps at any time.
- Color-coated components for easier intra-operative management.
- More simple and more effective instrumentation.
- Designed to provide ready access to soft tissue for better postoperative care.
- MRI compatible materials:
- Pins and clamps made from non-ferromagnetic materials to help prevent component displacement.
- Electrically insulated rods reduce heating.
- Both Hoffmann II systems are compatible with the Monotube Triax, Hoffmann II Compact, and Hoffmann II Hybrid External Fixation Systems.
- Improvements were specifically designed to fulfill the needs of today’s surgeon, keeping in mind ease-of-use, versatility, and patient comfort.