Stryker now provides two Type I Collagen conduits for short (less than 2.5cm) nerve gap injuries: NeuroMatrix and Neuroflex.
NeuroMatrix, Stryker’s first peripheral nerve repair product, is a standard Type 1 Collagen conduit. NeuroMatrix set the stage for its later counterpart, Neuroflex, a flexible Type 1 Collagen conduit. NeuroMatrix is a resorbable, semi-permeable, collagen tubular matrix designed to create a protective environment for axonal growth across a nerve gap.1,2 The NeuroMatrix conduit is appropriate for nerve injuries where the gap is 2.5cm or less. NeuroMatrix is manufactured by Collagen Matrix, Inc. in Franklin Lakes, NJ.
Features & Benefits
- Clinically effective2-7
- Designed to allow a tensionless repair
- Eliminates donor site morbidity associated with autografts5
- Conveniently available off-the-shelf at the time of surgery
- Available in six standard sizes for accurate size matching
- No second surgery to required harvest autograft
- Designed to be non-inflammatory and resorbable1,3,5