Across the country, the percentage of overweight adults continues to increase each year. Furthermore, the prevalence of obesity is growing exponentially in the United States. These staggering statistics are a cause for rising concern in the healthcare industry. Providing care to the increasing population of overweight and obese patients not only introduces new challenges to healthcare facilities, but also increases the likelihood of clinician injuries. Stryker has taken the initiative to provide an innovative line of products that safely accommodate America’s patients, including the growing portion suffering from obesity. Stryker’s patient handling equipment offers numerous exclusive features designed to help caregivers provide the best possible care for patients, safely and efficiently.
Features & Benefits
- Zoom motorized drive system on select beds and stretchers minimizes the effort needed for patient transport while encouraging proper ergonomic posture for the caregiver.
- Integrated scale system on select beds and stretchers accurately weighs patients without the need to transfer to a separate weighing device
- Powered built-in lift capability moves patients safely out of bed during side egress.
- Positioning capabilities such as turn assist and max inflate on powered support surfaces help caregivers position patients easier, which helps reduce physical strain and potential for injury.
- Lift-assist backrest on select stretchers uses the patient’s own weight to make raising and lowering the backrest easier for caregivers while the drop-seat design helps enhance patient comfort and security.
- Large capacity seating options with dynamic weight capacity allow larger patients and guests to be comfortably seated.