Solar Elbow System
Stryker’s Solar Total Elbow was designed to recreate anatomy of the elbow and to optimize fixation. The prosthesis incorporates features that help restore the normal center of rotation of the elbow joint. Applications include rheumatoid, traumatic, and degenerative arthritis. The Solar Elbow can achieve full extension and flexion up to 140 degrees with approximately 7.5 degrees of laxity in the varus/valgus plane during supination and pronation.
Features & Benefits
Humeral and ulnar components are anatomically designed to duplicate the functional motion of a normal elbow joint.
Humeral Component Features
- Anatomic offset helps to recreate the natural anatomy of the elbow
- Lateral / medial fins help to resist rotational forces on humeral component
- Solar Humeral component provides maximum contact in the epicondylar regions of the humerus where the highest quality bone is present
- Designed to conserve the greatest possible amount of bone
Ulnar Component Features
- Helps to mimic the normal carrying angle of the elbow
- Anterior fin aids in mitigating rotational forces on ulnar component
Stryker Corporation or its divisions or other corporate affiliated entities own, use or have applied for the following trademark(s) or service mark(s): Solar, Solar Elbow. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners or holders.