Product Quick Links
- Cross-Contamination from Flexible Endoscopes was #1 safety issue reported in ECRI's 2010 Top 10 Health Technology Hazards
- Cross-Contamination from Flexible Endoscopes was #3 safety issue reported in ECRI's 2011 Top 10 Health Technology Hazards
- Evaluation of Endoscope Sheaths as Viral Barriers
- Sterile Disposable Sheath System for Flexible Cystoscopes
- Out-Patient Flexible Cystoscopy Using A Disposable Slide-On EndoSheath System
- Evaluation of practice efficiency with a novel sheathed flexible cystoscope: a randomized controlled trial
- A Comparison of Two Methods for Preventing Cross-Contamination when Using Flexible Endoscopes in an Otolaryngology Clinic: Disposable Sterile Sheaths vs. Immersion in Germicidal Liquid
- Guideline for Disinfection and Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities, 2008
- Joint AUA/SUNA White Paper on Reprocessing of Flexible Cystoscopes
CST-4000S Flexible Fiberoptic Hysteroscope
Did you know that EndoSheath® Hysteroscopy is a new alternative to conventional hysteroscopy procedures? Stryker's CST-4000S Flexible Fiberoptic Hysteroscope featuring Vision Sciences® EndoSheath technology is the only flexible fiberoptic hysteroscope designed to never come in contact with the patient. The reusable scope is protected from cross-contamination by a single-use, sterile sheath. When used properly, the sheath eliminates the need to run high-level disinfection between procedures—speeding up turnaround time between patients, which may result in higher profitability. This also obviates the need for backup instruments, a cost advantage over standard flexible hysteroscopes.
A sterile barrier between hysteroscope and patient*
EndoSheath technology provides a durable, protective barrier between patient and scope, as well as a disposable working channel. This reduces the risks associated with exposure to toxic disinfectants, which may be harmful to some patients and staff who come in contact with them. By reducing the scope’s exposure to potentially harmful cleaning agents, the sheath may prolong hysteroscope lifespan and it eliminates the channel-based repairs, clogged suction line repairs, and reprocessing damage commonly seen with standard hysteroscopes. And for the first time, the various channel sizes of the disposable sheaths allow the freedom to tailor the hysteroscope for each procedure.
Why choose Stryker’s Flexible Video Hysteroscope?
- Cleared for hysteroscopy and cystoscopy procedures
- Designed to promote patient and staff safety
- Always ready, always sterile*
- Unique D-shaped insertion tube does not contain a working channel
- Lowers capital and service costs
- Provides the option to visualize directly through the eyepiece
- Utilizes sheaths designed with an opening for easy eyepiece access
- Compatible with most endoscopic camera systems
- Offers full portability, when used with the small LED rechargeable battery light source
* ”Always Ready. Always Sterile.” EndoSheath technology cystoscopes use sterile, disposable sheaths which, when used according to manufacturer instructions, provide a sterile barrier between patient and cystoscope. Vision Sciences and EndoSheath are registered trademarks of Vision Sciences.