GLOBAL SUPPLIER DIVERSITY POLICY
At Stryker, we believe that we have a responsibility to proactively engage with the businesses in the communities in which we live and work. As part of that belief, Stryker is committed to partnering with and providing opportunities for Small and Diverse Suppliers. Stryker understands that Small and Diverse Suppliers add value through their innovative and fresh ideas. By identifying and promoting Small and Diverse Suppliers, Stryker is able to deliver world-class products and services that enable healthcare providers to better treat their patients, ultimately aiding those patients in leading more active and satisfying lives.
Stryker is committed to maximizing opportunities for all qualified Small and Diverse Suppliers, maintaining a Global Supplier Diversity Team to develop strategic program initiatives, implement requirements, and interface with internal and external stakeholders. The following overview represents Stryker’s continuing efforts toward furthering our partnership with Small and Diverse Suppliers. Additional questions about Stryker’s Global Supplier Diversity Program can be directed to the Global Supplier Diversity Team at email@example.com.
The purpose of Stryker’s Global Supplier Diversity Program is to develop and maintain a more inclusive supply base through a continuous commitment to the discovery and development of Small and Diverse Suppliers in the following categories:
• Small Business
• Minority-owned Small Business
• Woman-owned Small Business
• Small Disadvantaged Business
• Historically Underutilized Business Zone Small Business
• Veteran-owned Small Business
• Service-disabled Veteran-owned Small Business
• LGBT-owned Small Business
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Stryker currently includes several spend categories within the Global Supplier Diversity Program, including:
• FDA Regulated Raw Materials
• Facilities & Building Maintenance
• Warehouse Equipment
• Janitorial Services
• Computer & Network Equipment
• Information Technology Development & Support
• HR Services
• Financial Services
• Miscellaneous Other Products & Services
IDENTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL SUPPLIERS
The following resources are used to identify potential new Small and Diverse Suppliers for subcontracting purposes:
• System for Award Management (https://www.sam.gov)
• U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs- Vendor Information Pages Database
• Small Business Administration’s Dynamic Small Business Search
• VeteranOwnedBusiness.com (http://www.veteranownedbusiness.com)
• Hoover’s (http://www.hoovers.com)
• ThomasNet (http://www.thomasnet.com)
• Supplier Connection (https://www.supplier-connection.net)
Stryker actively engages with trade associations, liaisons, and other groups in order to increase Small and Diverse Supplier development opportunities. Stryker currently participates or holds membership in:
• National Minority Supplier Development Council- NMSDC (http://www.nmsdc.org)
• Women’s Business Enterprise National Council- WBENC (http://www.wbenc.org)
• Regional Diversity Councils
Stryker also attends various events to network with Small and Diverse Suppliers, including:
• Roundtable Discussions
• Small Business Matchmaking Fairs
Stryker is continuously evaluating outreach opportunities. For the latest information please contact the Global Supplier Diversity Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPLIER REGISTRATION PROCESS
Small and Diverse Suppliers can register with Stryker by emailing an overview of their organization, including capabilities, references, diversity certification, and D&B D-U-N-S® Number to email@example.com.
Interested Small and Diverse Suppliers should also register in the System for Award Management at https://www.sam.gov.
Please note that Small and Diverse Supplier registration is not a guarantee of inclusion in subcontracting opportunities. Inclusion in subcontracting opportunities is based on additional factors, including identified need, capabilities, innovation and quality system requirements.
Once a Small and Diverse Supplier has been identified, Stryker reviews the supplier information on an as-needed basis and initiates further qualification activities as required. Fully qualified Small and Diverse Suppliers are then considered during the subcontracting process. Throughout the development of any subcontracting opportunity and its award, all potential suppliers (both Small and Diverse and Other than Small) are evaluated based upon:
3. Delivery Performance
4. Small Business Category Certification
5. Distance from Stryker Site
6. Other Factors Specific to the Subject Matter of the Solicitation
For any additional questions please contact the Global Supplier Diversity Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.