Our community programs focus on enhancing the quality of life in the communities we serve as well as in those in which we live and work. We contribute to communities by running a focused and successful business that functions in an ethical and responsible manner. Stryker’s success makes these communities more vibrant and attractive. Our work environment attracts talented, driven people from our communities who not only love to win, but to serve others.
Examples of Stryker’s activities in our communities are:
- Operation Walk – Stryker donates products and employees’ time to this organization that performs joint replacement surgeries for underprivileged patients across the globe.
- Operation Smile – Stryker donates products and employees’ time to this organization that repairs childhood facial deformities.
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) Safe Playground Project – Each year Stryker employees assist in the construction of playgrounds at the site of the annual AAOS meeting.
- United Way – Our employees respond with generous pledges of time and money. Each year, we continue to be a pacesetter in various communities.
- American Red Cross – Our employees participate in blood drives and have pledged financial support for various disaster relief efforts.
- Habitat for Humanity – Employees have donated their time to complete painting and landscaping projects at area Habitat for Humanity homes.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk – Employees in Kalamazoo, Michigan, their family members, neighbors and friends take part in an annual walk that raises money and awareness regarding breast cancer.
- Junior Achievement Program – Our employees are actively involved in local schools to teach our youth about free enterprise, business and the workforce.
- YWCA – Stryker Orthopaedics supports the efforts of its local chapter in Bergen County, New Jersey, with its participation in the YWCA’s Tribute to Women in Industry programs.