Quality education and training of health care professionals and their experience in medical research plays a critical role in furthering patient care and in the advancement of medical technology, treatments and knowledge. Stryker values the important and traditional contribution fellowships make to surgeon training to ensure good surgical outcomes and the proper use of medical technology products.
Stryker is committed to supporting appropriate surgeon training and anticipates that it will make available for application several Fellowship grants in 2016 across the following categories:
- Adult hip and knee arthroplasty and arthroscopy
- Orthopaedic oncology
- Orthopaedic trauma surgery
- Spine care
- Plastics and reconstructive
- Gynecology and laparoscopy
Fellowship programs associated with an academic institution or not for profit organisation are invited to apply for a Stryker Fellowship grant. Orthopaedic programs must be accredited by the Australian Orthopaedics Association (AOA) to be eligible. Non-orthopaedic programs must demonstrate that they reflect quality standards equivalent to AOA accredited programs as specified in the application to be eligible.
Applications for 2017 grants close on 28th February 2016.
All applications will be reviewed against criteria and allocation of fellowship funding determined by an independent fellowship grant review board. See below for the Fellowship review criteria and to download an application form. The number of Fellowship grants available is subject to change annually. Due to the popularity of the program, only one Fellowship application can be submitted per institution per year.
Timeline for 2017 Stryker Fellowship Grants:
|2016 (for 2017 funding period)|
|Oct 1, 2015: Public accouncement|
|Feb 28, 2016: Applications close for 2017|
|Jun 1, 2016: Recipient Institutions Notified|
Fellowship Review Criteria
- Quality of faculty – clinical, research and teaching expertise?
- Quality of Fellowship curriculum - well defined goals and objectives?
- Quality of site – teaching facility, research capabilities, other expertise?
- Fellowship history – is this site well regarded internationally, longevity of position?
- If a renewal request, previous Fellows and Supervisors reports
- Appropriate research topic?